How to cook liver healthy
The liver is an essential part of an animal organ. This piece of the animal body is rich in iron, copper, the B vitamins and preformed vitamin A. Now the question arises, how to cook liver? There are various liver recipes are found among the people of the different continent. They taste different from one another, and their cooking style is unique from each other. Baked, boiled, broiled, fried, stir-fried or eaten raw whatever cooking method you choose, you can have them on your plate and enjoy the meal. In other ways like Middle East people, you can combine the livers with pieces of meat and kidney.
No matter how you cook the liver, if you know the correct elements, you can have delicious supper with a fresh piece of liver. Cooking liver in a healthy and tasty way is nothing backbreaking for professionals; however, it could be a hassle for you if you don’t know the correct methods of how to cook liver. If you want to cook a delicious, balanced liver, you need to look after everything from oven temperature, cookware, and raw young animal’s liver to various cooking ingredients. Overcooked liver can become grainy and taste like shoe leather, whether rare cooked one can taste like mushy mud.
Therefore, the cook has to be very careful, while cooking this prime piece of organ. As we told, there are many beef liver recipes are available for making a well-prepared dish; though we will give you the information on how to cook liver in an Italian way. The popular Italian Beef Liver and Onions dish is a mouthwatering name for anyone whoever tastes it before. The taste and texture make it widely popular among people. We will show you a systematic guideline of how to cook liver with this Italian recipe. We guarantee that you will like it.
Italians always use calf’s liver for this dish, which is tender liver than others. Moreover, you can use any beef liver to prepare the dish. It also becomes hard if overcooked, thus have to make it quick and precise. Use high heat and cut the liver in thin pieces to get the best result. When you see blood bubbles popping from one side, turn it over and repeat it until you get the same result from another side and serve it instantly while it is still fresh.
Table of Contents[Show][Hide]
Recipe: Italian Beef Liver and Onions
This beef liver recipe is unique but easy to prepare. Three different stages of cooking are involved. They are stated below.
- Preparation time: 45 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 500g (1lb) calf’s liver marinated thin slice
- Salt & black paper (depends on your eating habit)
- Olive oil (3 or 4 tablespoons depends on how much you use oil)
- 700g (1lb) large onions thinly sliced
Preparing the Liver
- Before cooking strong flavored liver, like ox liver, can be soaked into milk overnight to create a mellow flavor into the liver.
- Peel away the membrane layer of the liver with caution and make thin slices out of that piece.
- Internal tubes that remain deep into the liver get them out with sharp scissors.
How to Cook Liver or The Liver Cooking Method
- Heat the pan to the peak and pour the olive into it. Let the oil heat up to a specific period to get the best result, and then stir the onions with salt and paper for 25-30 minutes. Use a lid or a foil and cover the pan until the onions become soft.
- Warm a bowl and plate to a certain amount of heat. After that remove the cover of the pan, bring some heat to the pan, and stir those onions until they become brown. When stirring the onions, you should keep an eye on the pan. Don’t let the onions stick to the pan. Take the onions to the bowl and leave the extra oil on the pan. Now, take a new pan and pour the remaining oil on it. Increase the heat while adding some slices of the liver and cooking them for some time, say 1minute. Then, turn the slices over after frying brown. Always remember, you have to cook the liver up to a particular stage so that the inner part of the liver remains pink. You can place the remaining slices of the liver on the pan and repeat the same process.
- This is the last part wherein you have to put all the liver pieces and the onions together and stir them for another minute. Its all ready to serve on the warm plates. With this recipe, you can easily offer four persons and serve them a delicious, healthy meal.
I think, no you are capable to show others how to cook liver and easily steal their hearts. Most of the children don’t like the liver because of its rough scent. However, you can quickly lessen the smell with flavors and vegetables mixing with it. You can also consider checking the information and reviews of other how to cook liver recipe from trusted websites.