How to Make Barbecue Meatballs?
- Alice Francis
Are you looking for the weather forecast and waiting for that Saturday when the temperature rises over 70 degrees? If you are a barbecue lover, and it is hard for you to stay away from that smoked smell and delicious taste, barbecue meatballs can ease your pain. Barbecue meatballs offer that great taste and smoky flavor that you want plus no grill is required. Make your meatballs with some crunchy onions and chili powder. Then, smother your meatballs with your favorite BBQ flavor sauce. You can add either honey or spicy sauce to make it sweet, spicy or both!
As an optional part, you can add some almond flour to make it stick together. However, if you are not that sensitive one who needs perfectly shaped meatballs, you can skip this part as the only egg is good enough to keep the meats stick together. While serving your meatballs, pour some barbecue sauce on top to make more it delicious.
Enough talking! You probably can’t wait to know the full recipe. Let’s start cooking!
For Making Meatballs
- 2 Lbs. Ground Beef
- ¼ Cup of Almond Flower
- ½ Cup of Green Thinly Sliced Green Onions
- 1 Egg
- Canola Oil
- ½ Teaspoonful of Chili Powder
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Sea Salt
For Making Barbecue Sauce
- 1 Cup of Ketchup
- 2 Tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Minced Onion
- 2 Tablespoon of Coconut Aminos
- 2 Tablespoon of Honey or Sugar
- ½ Tablespoon of Paprika
- ½ Tablespoon of Chili Powder
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Sea Salt
Making Barbecue Meatballs
Step 1: Make the Meat Mix
- Take a bowl and add 2 lbs. of ground meat in it. You can either buy or ground meat on your own with an electric meat grinder. Now, add ¼ cup of almond flower in it. Almond flower will help you make perfectly sized meatballs and also sticks the meat together.
- Now take another pot and add the egg in it. Stir heavily to make to make the perfect mixture of egg white and egg yolks. Now, pour it into the meat bowl.
- Now take the onion. Remove the outer layer and cut it from tip to root to make a thin Rotate 90 degrees and make slices again to create thin and really small dice. Go over with the knife to make all of them perfectly sized. A big chunk of onion is not welcome in this recipe. Make a ½ cup of this thinly sliced onion and add them into the meat bowl.
- Add chili powder and sea salt. Adjust the amount according to your taste preference. Add black pepper for taste. Now, stir it heavily until all of the ingredients combined perfectly.
Step 2: Make the Meatballs
- Now it’s time to make the meat balls out of this mixture. For making perfectly sized meatballs, why not using some kind of cookie dough scoop? Using your cookie scoop, scoop small amount meat on your hand and roll into a meatball.
- Make one by one and place them on the cookie sheet or similar flat pot, so every meatball stays After making all of the meatballs, put them in the freezer for five minutes. This will make meatballs preparation easier.
- After 5 minutes of freezing, remove the pot from the freezer. Add some flour on a plate. Dredge meatballs in flour.
- Add three tablespoon of canola oil in a skillet and heat the oil. Now, throw 7 to 8 meatballs into the oil and cook with medium heat.
- When the meatballs become brown on every side, take them from the oil and put them on a baking dish. Do the same thing with other meatballs.
- Now, set aside the meatballs while making the sauce.
Making the Best Barbecue Sauce
To make the best barbecue sauce, follow every step carefully because you don’t want to miss the fun that comes with it. You can also call it the health-friendly keto barbecue sauce, as it contains low carbohydrate which may cause harm to your body.
- Take a bowl and add one cup of ketchup in it. Add two tablespoon of honey or sugar (your personal preference). Honey will add a different flavor but if you want more sweetness to add sugar to Add two tablespoon of apple cider vinegar along with two tablespoons of coconut aminos.
- Now add 3 to 4 tablespoon of minced onion in it. Add chili powder, paprika, salt and black paper for added taste. Stir briskly to mix all the ingredients.
- Your sauce is ready.
Serve Your Barbecue Meatballs
To serve meatballs in barbecue sauce, pour the sauce on the meatballs. Mix it evenly with all meatballs. Now, bake them in the oven for around 45 minutes. Your Barbecue Meatballs are ready! Call in some friends or guests and let them taste your homemade special barbecue meatballs. We believe they will highly appreciate your cooking performance!
Who does not love to have delicious barbecue meatballs in chilly weather! If you are a hardcore barbecue lover then, you know how much difficulty you may face to put up a grill outside in cold atmosphere. Instead, try these homemade barbecue meatballs, and you will be highly satisfied with its smell and taste. Moreover, you’ll not require any grill to prepare this. So, what are you waiting for? Prepare this now and surprise your near and dear ones!
After reading this article, we believe you are now capable of making your barbecue meatballs without heavy effort. We tried to explain every procedure more simply, so that you can understand every part of it. Still, if you have any more questions in your mind, feel free write to us back.